Peter B. Denton, Ph.D.
- Assistant Physicist at Brookhaven National Laboratory, October 2018–Present.
- Postdoctoral Fellow with Irene Tamborra at Niels Bohr International Academy, September 2016–August 2018.
- Graduate Student Research Program in Theoretical Physics with Stephen Parke at Fermilab, August
- DOE funded research assistant with Thomas J. Weiler at Vanderbilt University, Spring 2011–Fall 2015.
- Research assistant with Sokrates Pantelides at Vanderbilt University, Summer–Fall 2010.
- Lee Teng Internship with Tanaji Sen at Fermilab, Summer 2009.
- Bonner Labs with Bill Llope at Rice University, Summer 2008.
- SM and BSM neutrino theory.
- Astroparticle physics.
- Ph.D. Physics, Vanderbilt University, August 2016.
- B.S. Physics, Rice University, May 2010.
- B.A. Mathematics, Rice University, May 2010.
Honors and Awards
- Neutrino Physics Center (NPC) award of $10,000 to work with Stephen Parke at Fermilab, awarded December
- Neutrino Theory Network (NTN) award of $14,000 to work with Irina Mocioiu at PSU, awarded June 2018.
- The Giorgio Salvini diploma from the Erice International School of Subnuclear Physics, awarded June 2016.
- PITT PACC travel award to attend Pheno ’16, awarded April 2016.
- Vanderbilt Dissertation Enhancement Grant of $2,000 to attend the Theoretical Advanced Study Institute,
awarded April 2014.
- Subsidy of $1,600 to attend the Theoretical Advanced Study Institute: Amplitudes For Colliders in June 2014,
awarded April 2014.
- Division of Particles & Fields travel grant to the APS April 2013 meeting, awarded March 2013.
- The Robert T. Lagemann Award of $1,000 for highest academic achievement by a first-year graduate student,
awarded April 2011.
- McMinn Fellowship of $25,000 over five years, awarded March 2010.
- Giant Radio Array for Neutrino Detection (GRAND), 2017–Present.
- Erice International School of Subnuclear Physics in Sicily (ISSP), June 2016.
- Theoretical Advanced Study Institute in Elementary Particle Physics (TASI), Boulder CO, June 2014.
- Introduction to accelerator physics, United States Particle Accelerator School, June 2009.
- c++, mpi, openmp, python, matplotlib, LATEX, beamer, GLoBES, pythia, ROOT, MATHEMATICA,
- Snowmass neutrino oscillations subtopic convener and neutrino theory liason 2020–2021.
- Convener for WIN 2021.
- International Organizing Committee for Neutrino 2020.
- Convener for Brookhaven Forum 2019 and DPF 2019.
- Judge for the 12th International Neutrino Summer School at Fermilab 2019.
- Chair for Pheno 2019, 2020.
- Reviewer for Physical Review Letters, Journal of High Energy Physics, Physical Review D, Physics Letters
B, European Physical Journal C, Journal of Mathematical Physics, Nuclear Physics B, Monthly Notices of
the Royal Astronomical Society, and Universe.
- Brookhaven Neutrino Theory Virtual Seminar creator/organizer, 2020–Present.
- BNL HET seminar organizer, 2019–Present.
- BNL HET lunch discussion organizer, 2019–Present.
- NBIA Astroparticle journal club co-chair, 2017–2018.
- Brookhaven Women In Science (BWIS) member, 2020–Present.
- Interact with grade-school students via APS’s Adopt-A-Physicist, Skype-A-Scientist, … programs,
- Klaes Møller, University of Copenhagen, master’s thesis: Constraining Astrophysical Parameters with
- Anna Suliga, University of Copenhagen, master’s thesis: Diffuse supernova neutrino background, 2017–2018.
Currently PhD student at University of Copenhagen.
- Mia-Louise Nielsen, University of Copenhagen, bachelor’s thesis: Star-forming galaxies as sources of high
energy neutrinos, 2017. Currently masters student at University of Copenhagen.
- Teaching assistant at Vanderbilt University, Fall 2010–Spring 2015.
- Teaching assistant for the Physics Department at Rice University, Fall 2009.
- Writing consultant at Rice University, 2007–2010.
- Tutoring English, math, and physics at middle school, high school, undergraduate, and graduate school levels,
- Member, American Physical Society.